Saturday, January 4, 2014

I Love The Snow

Based on Dr. Seuss' "I Love My Job"



I love the snow. I really do.
I love the white stuff more and more each chilly day.
I love to frolic in the snow; it’s fun to play.
I love to shovel, just the best exercise.
Got sore arm muscles, but hey, no more black ice.

I do love the tall snow drifts and the brown slush.
It is so beautiful my heart turns to mush.
The winds are fierce and brisk, oh man, they do sting
Dig and sneeze, dig and sneeze, I merrily sing.

I love sub zero temps, oh, it’s bitter cold.
Never mind the aches and pains, yes I am old.
My nose, ears, and fingers are a-freezing
Just walk slowly, hey no more falling.

I love the ED patients with their ankle sprains
So many slip and slides, and even back pains.
Let them come, EMS, bring them our way
We are ready, they're most welcome to stay.

I love the winter storm and the blizzards
And the cars that crawl like lizards
Oh, how pretty are the traffic lights
In the dark, blustery, slippery nights.

I love the snow- I’ll say it again- I even love the friendly Sanitation men,
Those Sanitation men with their snow plow who salt the streets and even my car paint away.



Jan. 21, 2014-
Hello! Never heard these weather terms before. First, "polar vertex", "polar plunge", then “bombogenesis”. It's a term coined by meteorologists to describe an area of low pressure that “deepens rapidly,” creating a strong storm, or cyclone, that intensifies as it moves over the ocean. This crazy weather that turns an already long one-hour drive to three hours. Arggghhh!
I love the Snow. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment