Monday, January 1, 2018

Self-reflection, Day One 2018: My Two Buckets




Day One… it just seems so apropos to pause in meditation. A time for self-reflection and a time to give thanks… for the blessings of the past year and in anticipation of more gifts from the Lord for this year 2018.

With the 10-degree frozen world outside my window, I am warm and toasty inside our house. Warm for a little bit until I have to venture out for a church activity, all worth it because I have been truly blessed. So thankful for a life well-lived.

It has been my personal tradition to look at two buckets… my bucket of thanks and my bucket of to-do list.

My bucket of Thanks:

1. Vacation 2017- a chance to hug my mother again, to visit my father’s grave, to hang out with my family and goof off in Art-in-Island, to play tourist in beautiful Philippines (Vigan and Laoag), to go on food trips with family (so happy that my dollars went a long way), and to go on a side trip to South Korea. Bonding with my Philippine family and with my son/travel buddy.

2. My job- being in charge of my own ED where I can leave my stamp of leadership. Applying what I've learned from leaders who had mentored me to be a role model and to lead with heart and emotional intelligence. Work accomplishments I am proud of. One of my someday dreams came true.

3. My home- after all these years, finally being able to afford home improvements. First project was my kitchen with the dark cabinets, backsplash, and new oven. Not that I plan to start cooking again.

4. My family and friends- what matters most and what keeps me going.



My bucket of To-do list:

1. European reunion trip with my college classmates
2. Red front door and hardwood floors
3. New car? Or maybe not. I really don’t want to shell out a monthly car payment any time soon.
4. More writing. A new book.
5. Finish what I started in 2014.
6. Present at a national conference
7. Lantern award for the ED
8. Clean up my room :(
9. Be financially savvy
10. A healthier, leaner me.
11. Pay it forward (do more)



“O, my Father, I now deeply meditate
On the blessings You give day to day
Truly, you have never failed to care for me.
And You provide my every need.”





No comments:

Post a Comment